Read Regional is a celebration of brilliant new books from the North of England, which connect authors with readers in their local libraries. Founded by New Writing North in 2008 the campaign is funded by Arts Council England and is now produced in partnership with Hull Libraries and 22 other library authorities.
There are twelve titles on this year’s campaign, offering a broad selection including poetry, children’s books, nature writing, fiction and crime. Copies of all twelve titles are now available to borrow from Hull libraries, and reading guides to each book can be downloaded from Reading Regional.
For the authors, Read Regional is not only an opportunity to meet readers and talk about their work, but also to celebrate the vitality of libraries as centres of creativity and learning for the whole community.
The Read Regional programme for 2018 sees the following authors visiting Hull Central Library -
- Guy Mankowski - An Honest Deceit / Thursday 22 March , 6.30pm
- Sarah Dunnakey - The Companion / Monday 23 April, 5.30pm (part of World Book Night celebrations
- Jane Austin - News From Nowhere / Thursday 17 May, 6.30pm
- Anna Woodford - Exploring Poetry workshop / Thursday 7 June, 6.30pm followed by.....
- Antony Dunn - Take This One To Bed / Thursday 7 June, 7.30pm