***Christmas and New Year - our museums and gallery will be closed 24 - 28 December inclusive, and 1 January***
The Ferens has a magnificent collection of paintings and sculptures, including works by European Old Masters, portraiture, marine painting, and modern and contemporary British art.
Highlights include masterpieces by Lorenzetti, Frans Hals, Antonio Canaletto, Frederic Lord Leighton, Stanley Spencer, David Hockney, Helen Chadwick and Gillian Wearing.
With a regular programme of events, guided tours and changing exhibitions, there’s always something new to explore. You can also enjoy refreshments in our popular cafe, Venue Hull.
How to find us
The Ferens Art Gallery is right in the city centre of Hull in Queen Victoria Square. It is near the Maritime Museum and Hull City Hall.
- Hull bus and train station (Paragon Interchange) is a 10 minute walk away. The nearest bus stop is Myton Bridge on Alfred Gelder Street.
- Short stay pay and display parking is available at Lowgate car park on Wilberforce Drive, just a 5 minute walk away.
- There is on street parking on Saville Street and 9 designated disabled parking spaces on Paragon Street (behind City Hall).
Roads and Paths
- Ferens Art Gallery has ramp entrance with a shallow incline.
While you are here
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- There is a lift near the Studio space which can take you up to the Men’s toilets and Education Room.
- There is a lift in the lobby area which can take you up to Galleries 11 and 12.
- We have a manual wheelchair available to borrow.
- There is an accessible toilet (including baby change facility) on the ground floor opposite the Studio space.
- There is another a set of toilets to the right of the café space at the rear of the building, including a combined accessible toilet/baby change and unisex cubicles.
- The nearest Changing Places toilet is in the Wilson Centre, to the left as you go in the Queens Gardens entrance. There is an additional Changing Places toilet at the Guildhall. Please ask at the reception for directions.
- We have a manual wheelchair available to borrow
- We have an audio descriptive guide of gallery highlights. You can borrow a handset (and headphones) for a £5 returnable deposit from staff in the lobby. You can download the audio tracks to your phone by visiting https://vocaleyes.co.uk/venues/ferens-art-gallery/
- Our gift shop offers a variety of postcards, cards and prints, plus a selection of art and craft books.
- The gallery cafe serves breakfasts, main meals and light bites as well as a wide variety of cakes and treats making it the perfect place to recharge your batteries. Further information about the cafe including current menus can be found by visiting https://www.hcandl.co.uk/catering-and-hospitality/places-eat/ferens-art-gallery-cafe