Hull Culture & Leisure Public Update
Updated Statement 9 December 2021
Following the Government's removal of lockdown restrictions from Monday 19 July 2021 our sport and leisure facilities are operating with an increased capacity and with restrictions removed. From Thursday 27 January 2022 it is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering when visiting our facilities however our staff will be continuing to wear them. We still encourage our customers and visitors to wear a face covering in communal areas where possible.
We urge the public to follow all the Governments advice, guidance and the rules that remain in place. We would like to thank the people of Hull for their continued efforts and ask the public to continue doing the basics in order tackle Covid-19.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Public Advice
- Albert Avenue Pools: CLOSED FOR REFURBISHMENT.
- Beverley Road Baths: OPEN
- Costello Stadium: OPEN
- Ennerdale Leisure Centre: OPEN
- Woodford Leisure Centre : OPEN
- Waudby Centre: OPEN
- Hull Ice Arena: OPEN
- Sutton Park Golf Course: OPEN
- Ennerdale Cycle Circuit: OPEN
Parks & Open Spaces
- Animal Education Centre: OPEN
- Bowling Greens OPEN
- Playgrounds OPEN
- Outdoor Gyms OPEN
- Fishing OPEN
- Public Toilets OPEN Between 10am to 3pm daily.
- Skateparks OPEN
Most of our Libraries will remain open during the lockdown for appointment based services and our FREE ‘Select and Collect’ service:
Libraries that will remain OPEN for their normal advertised opening hours:
- Bransholme Library: OPEN
- Central Library: OPEN
- Fred Moore Library: OPEN
- Freedom Centre Library: OPEN
- Gipsyville Library: OPEN
- Greenwood Avenue Library: OPEN
- Ings Library: OPEN
- Western Library: OPEN
Libraries will remain CLOSED until further notice
- Avenues Library: CLOSED
- East Park Library: CLOSED
- Longhill Library: CLOSED
- Waudby Library: CLOSED
Services Available from Tuesday 5 January 2021
- Select and Collect – you can access this service online or by calling Tel: 01482 210000
- Computer Access for essential use
- UKVI Visa Service
- Home Library Services
- School Library Services
- Host the running of support groups (eg to help those with mental health conditions, etc)
- Blue Badges – applications can continue to be made online or by calling 01482 300300 for an appointment
- Bus Passes – these will be done over the phone where possible
- Parking Permits – these will be done over the phone where possible
- Library services will continue to be allowed to provide services in digital / virtual form (e.g. online rhymetimes, virtual business support and webinars, Intellectual Property clinics and assessments etc). Please see our Eventbrite page for details, or follow us on social media @
Return of Library Materials
Please don’t worry if your library books, or other materials, are due for return. We won’t be charging fines on any items that will be overdue as a result of the Covid-19 situation. You can renew items online through our website if you are concerned about this. You can also browse the catalogue and use our new select and collect service.
E-books and E-magazines
Don’t forget you can access a host of e-books and e-magazines at home, these can be found online here https://www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/e-reading-and-e-audio/ebooks-eaudio-and-emagazines There are items suitable for all ages and we are adding more all the time. For example coming soon is a whole range of new children’s magazines.
You can also access a whole host of encyclopedias and business databases online with your library card. These can be found on our website here (https://www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/use-library-home).
Museums & Galleries
Following the move to Step Three of the Governments roadmap, indoor attractions including Museums and Galleries can reopen. We have updated our list of attractions now open -
- Street Life Museum: OPEN
- The Hull Maritime Museum: is now closed to the public for major redevelopment.
- Ferens Art Gallery: OPEN
- Hull & East Riding Museum: OPEN
- Wilberforce House: CLOSED
- Hands on History Museum: CLOSED
- Hull History Centre: CLOSED
Virtual Museum’s Collections
Why not visit our virtual museum at http://museumcollections.hullcc.gov.uk/ Explore our collections from home and discover some amazing stories about our past.
Please ensure you follow the latest government advice to stay safe https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Hull New Theatre & Hull City Hall
If you have purchased tickets within this period, please be assured that you will be contacted in due course to discuss rescheduled dates/refund options as appropriate. The team are contacting customers in date order but due to the volume of productions involved, this may take some time, so we ask that you bear with us at this busy time and refrain from contacting the Box Office, even if your event has passed.
Please keep checking the Hull Theatres’ website and social media channels for further updates over the coming weeks. Thank you for your continued support.
- Hull New Theatre: All performance cancelled from 17/03/2020 until 2021. More to follow.
- Hull City Hall : All performance cancelled from 17/03/2020 until 2021. More to follow.