Hull Culture & Leisure Public Update
Updated Statement 6 April 2021
Following the Government announcement of the roadmap out of the third national lockdown which commenced on Tuesday 5 January, Hull Culture and Leisure Ltd will be restarting activities in line with the phased step approach.
Step One - Monday 29 March
From Monday 29 March, the following activities have restarted:
- Golf at Sutton Park Golf Course
- Tennis at the Costello Outdoor Tennis Courts
- Outdoor athletics at Costello Stadium
- Outdoor bowls
- Cycling at Ennerdale Cycle Circuit
Step Two - Monday 12 April
From Monday 12 April, our leisure centres and pools will be reopening to the public in accordance with Government advice which allows gyms and swimming pools to reopen for individual use and outdoor fitness classes to restart. Indoor fitness classes will not be permitted to restart until Monday 17 May at the earliest. Our online booking system will be available and all members will be able to book activities 48 hours in advance and pay as you go customers will be able to book 24 hours in advance.
We urge the public to follow all the Governments advice, guidance and the rules that remain in place. We would like to thank the people of Hull for their continued efforts and ask the public to continue doing the basics in order tackle Covid-19.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Public Advice
- Albert Avenue Pools: Reopening Monday 12 April
- Beverley Road Baths: CLOSED DUE TO REFURBISHMENT. REOPENING SPRING/SUMMER 2021.
- Costello Stadium: Outdoor Tennis and Athletics Track now open, gym reopening Monday 12 April
- Ennerdale Leisure Centre: Reopening Monday 12 April
- Woodford Leisure Centre : Reopening Monday 12 April
- Waudby Centre: CLOSED
- Hull Ice Arena: CLOSED DUE TO REFURBISHMENT. REOPENING SUMMER 2021.
- Sutton Park Golf Course: OPEN
- Ennerdale Cycle Circuit: OPEN
Leisure Centre Membership Update
As our sport and leisure facilities will be reopening from Monday 12 April, the membership Direct Debit payments taken in January will be carried forward into May (no Direct Debit payments will be taken during May) and we will recommence Direct Debit payments from the 1 June 2021.
Those customers who are members of Beverley Road Baths and the Hull Ice Arena will have their memberships kept on hold until the sites reopen.
For any customer membership questions including keeping your membership on hold, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks & Open Spaces
Following the Government announcement of the roadmap out of the third national lockdown which commenced on Tuesday 5 January, Hull Culture and Leisure Ltd will be restarting activities in our parks and open spaces in line with the phased step approach.
- Animal Education Centre: Reopening Wednesday 14 April
- Bowling Greens OPEN
- Playgrounds OPEN
- Outdoor Gyms CLOSED
- Fishing OPEN
- Public Toilets OPEN Between 10am to 3pm daily.
- Skateparks OPEN
The Government Roadmap now states that following can take place:
Step One - Monday 9 March and Monday 29 March
From Monday 8 March exercise and recreation can take place with your household or one other person in a public outdoor place at any time. This includes our parks and open green spaces.
From Monday 29 March the meeting outdoors is permitted under the rule of six or for two households, organised outdoor sport for children and adults can resume and outdoor parent and child groups for up to 15 people (not including under 5’s) can meet outdoors.
Step Two - Monday 12 April
From Monday 12 April onwards, outdoor attractions including zoos, can reopen.
While the rules for meeting outdoors are relaxing, people must continue to follow the Government guidance on social distancing and hygiene.
Most of our Libraries will remain open during the lockdown for appointment based services and our FREE ‘Select and Collect’ service:
Libraries that will remain OPEN for their normal advertised opening hours:
- Bransholme Library: OPEN
- Central Library: OPEN
- Fred Moore Library: OPEN
- Freedom Centre Library: OPEN
- Gipsyville Library: OPEN
- Greenwood Avenue Library: OPEN
- Ings Library: OPEN
- Western Library: OPEN
Libraries will remain CLOSED until further notice
- Avenues Library: CLOSED
- East Park Library: CLOSED
- Longhill Library: CLOSED
- Waudby Library: CLOSED
Services Available from Tuesday 5 January 2021
- Select and Collect – you can access this service online or by calling Tel: 01482 210000
- Computer Access for essential use
- UKVI Visa Service
- Home Library Services
- School Library Services
- Host the running of support groups (eg to help those with mental health conditions, etc)
- Blue Badges – applications can continue to be made online or by calling 01482 300300 for an appointment
- Bus Passes – these will be done over the phone where possible
- Parking Permits – these will be done over the phone where possible
- Library services will continue to be allowed to provide services in digital / virtual form (e.g. online rhymetimes, virtual business support and webinars, Intellectual Property clinics and assessments etc). Please see our Eventbrite page for details, or follow us on social media @
Return of Library Materials
Please don’t worry if your library books, or other materials, are due for return. We won’t be charging fines on any items that will be overdue as a result of the Covid-19 situation. You can renew items online through our website if you are concerned about this. You can also browse the catalogue and use our new select and collect service.
E-books and E-magazines
Don’t forget you can access a host of e-books and e-magazines at home, these can be found online here https://www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/e-reading-and-e-audio/ebooks-eaudio-and-emagazines There are items suitable for all ages and we are adding more all the time. For example coming soon is a whole range of new children’s magazines.
You can also access a whole host of encyclopedias and business databases online with your library card. These can be found on our website here (https://www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/use-library-home).
Museums & Galleries
- Street Life Museum: CLOSED
- The Hull Maritime Museum: is now closed to the public for major redevelopment.
- Ferens Art Gallery: CLOSED
- Hull & East Riding Museum: CLOSED
- Wilberforce House: CLOSED
- Hands on History Museum: CLOSED
- Hull History Centre: CLOSED
Virtual Museum’s Collections
Why not visit our virtual museum at http://museumcollections.hullcc.gov.uk/ Explore our collections from home and discover some amazing stories about our past.
Please ensure you follow the latest government advice to stay safe https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Hull New Theatre & Hull City Hall
If you have purchased tickets within this period, please be assured that you will be contacted in due course to discuss rescheduled dates/refund options as appropriate. The team are contacting customers in date order but due to the volume of productions involved, this may take some time, so we ask that you bear with us at this busy time and refrain from contacting the Box Office, even if your event has passed.
Please keep checking the Hull Theatres’ website and social media channels for further updates over the coming weeks. Thank you for your continued support.
- Hull New Theatre: All performance cancelled from 17/03/2020 until 2021. More to follow.
- Hull City Hall : All performance cancelled from 17/03/2020 until 2021. More to follow.