Information on what Hull Culture & Leisure are doing in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Statement 04 November 2020
The Prime Minister has recently announced that, from Thursday, 5 November, there will be a month-long lockdown in England, with tighter restrictions in place. This will effect a number of our usual services, For more information and updates to our other services click here.
- Albert Avenue Pools: CLOSED
- Beverley Road Baths: CLOSED DUE TO REFURBISHMENT. REOPENING SPRING/SUMMER 2021.
- Costello Stadium (including outdoor tennis courts): CLOSED
- Ennerdale Leisure Centre (including Ennerdale Cycle Circuit): CLOSED
- Woodford Leisure Centre : CLOSED
- Waudby Centre: CLOSED
- Hull Ice Arena: CLOSED for essential maintenance, update here
- Sutton Golf Course: CLOSED
Leisure Centre Membership Update
All membership direct debits will be placed on hold and no further payments will be taken until further notice. Membership Direct Debit’s have already been taken for November so this payment and months membership will be carried forward into December for reopening on 3 December 2020 (No direct debits will be taken during December 2020.)
Membership directed debits will be reactivated on the 4th January 2021, unless Government guidance and lockdown durations change. Information on memberships and payments will be updated on this page.
Any customer membership questions please email email@example.com
Most of our Libraries will remain open during the lockdown for appointment based services and our FREE ‘Select and Collect’ service:
Libraries that will remain OPEN for their normal advertise opening hours:
- Bransholme Library: OPEN
- Central Library: OPEN
- Fred Moore Library: OPEN
- Freedom Centre Library: OPEN – revised opening hours
- Gipsyville Library: OPEN
- Greenwood Avenue Library: OPEN
- Ings Library: OPEN
- Western Library: OPEN
Libraries will remain CLOSED until further notice
- Avenues Library: CLOSED
- East Park Library: CLOSED
- Longhill Library: CLOSED
- Waudby Library: CLOSED
Services Available from Thursday 5 November 2020
Select and Collect – you can access this service online or by calling Tel: 01482 210000
- Computer Access for essential use
- UKVI Visa Service
- Home Library Services
- School Library Services
- Host the running of support groups (eg to help those with mental health conditions, etc)
- Blue Badges – applications can continue to be made online or by calling 01482 300300 for an appointment
- Bus Passes – these will be done over the phone where possible
- Parking Permits – these will be done over the phone where possible
- Library services will continue to be allowed to provide services in digital / virtual form (e.g. online rhymetimes, virtual business support and webinars, Intellectual Property clinics and assessments etc). Please see our Eventbrite page for details, or follow us on social media @
Return of Library Materials
Please don’t worry if your library books, or other materials, are due for return. We won’t be charging fines on any items that will be overdue as a result of the Covid-19 situation. You can renew items online through our website if you are concerned about this.
You can also browse the catalogue and use our new select and collect service if you want to borrow more materials.
E-books and E-magazines
Don’t forget you can access a host of e-books and e-magazines at home, these can be found online here https://www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/e-reading-and-e-audio/ebooks-eaudio-a... are items suitable for all ages and we are adding more all the time. For example coming soon is a whole range of new children’s magazines.
You can also access a whole host of encyclopaedias and business databases online with your library card. These can be found on our website here (https://www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/use-library-home).
Museums & Galleries
- Street Life Museum: CLOSED
- The Hull Maritime Museum: is now closed to the public for major redevelopment.
- Ferens Art Gallery: CLOSED
- Hull & East Riding Museum: CLOSED
- Wilberforce House: CLOSED
- Hands on History Museum: CLOSED
- Hull History Centre: CLOSED
Virtual Museum’s Collections
Why not visit our virtual museum at http://museumcollections.hullcc.gov.uk/ Explore our collections from home and discover some amazing stories about our past.
Please ensure you follow the latest government advice to stay safe www.gov.uk/coronavirus
We urge the public to follow all the Governments advice, guidance and the rules in place and those rules that come into place from Thursday 5 November 2020. We would like to thank the people of Hull for their continued efforts and ask the public to continue doing the basics in order tackle Covid-19.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Public Advice
For more help, advice and information on staying safe please click here