At last we can welcome you back to our libraries.
Protecting you and our staff
- All returned items will be cleaned with an antibacterial cleaner before it is handled or made available to the public again.
- We may have to ask you to wait outside for a short time if there are too many people in the library.
- We strongly recommend that you wear a face covering and sanitise their hands as you enter the library.
- Our staff will wear a face covering and wash or sanitise their hands regularly.
- There will be clear signage for you to follow and our staff will be on hand to guide you.
- Computers and equipment will be cleaned regularly and there will be cleaning products available to you to clean items before you use it.
Test and Trace
- We strongly recommend you use the Test and Trace QR code available at the entrance to all of our buildings before entering.
Return of Library Materials
- Please don’t worry if your library books, or other materials, are due for return. We won’t be charging fines on any items that will be overdue as a result of the Covid-19 situation. You can renew items online through our website if you are concerned about this.
- You can also browse the catalogue and use our select and collect service if you want to borrow more materials.
Blue Badge Applications
- Blue Badge applications can continue to be made online at www.hull.gov.uk/support-adults/disabled-adults/individual-blue-badge or, by calling 01482 300300 to make an appointment
To borrow materials using our FREE ‘Select and Collect’ service
- Online: https://www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/selectandcollect
- Telephone: 01482 210000
- Email: email@example.com
- By post: Central Library, Albion Street, Hull, HU1 3TF
You can ask for:
- A specific title, author, artist or performer,
- Tell us the type of thing you like to read, listen to, or watch and we’ll select materials to suit,
- Librarian’s choice – take potluck and be surprised!
We will need to know:
- Your library card number (the long number under the barcode).
- We might also ask for your:
- Date of birth
- Telephone Number
- We might also ask for your:
- Our staff team will let you know by email or telephone when your items are ready to collect.
And don’t forget, we are always open online!
Join the library for FREE online at www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/join-library/join-library.
E-books and E-magazines
Our growing selection of e-books, e-audio books, e-magazines, e-newspapers and e-comics collection is available to you 24/7, along with a wide selection of online business databases and reference and research resources. Find them at: www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/e-reading-and-e-audio/ebooks-eaudio-and-emaga...
You can also access a whole host of encyclopaedias and business databases online with your library card. These can be found on our website here (https://www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/use-library-home).
We offer a wide range of online storytimes, business webinars, clinics and workshops, Untold Hull recordings and lots of other activities and events – visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/hull-libraries-14573965599 for details, or visit www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries , or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Research and Enquiry Service
If you can’t find the information you need using our online reference databases you can email or call us with your query:
Telephone: 01482 223344
Home Library Service
Home Library Service for housebound and vulnerable residents (free collection and delivery of materials at your door), for more information visit: www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/your-local-library/home-library-service
Telephone: 01482 331254
School Library Services
School Library Services are working with schools to support children to develop their love of reading. We’re constantly updating our resources and offer to support new curriculum developments, including resources to download on our website. Find out more at www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/your-local-library/hull-schools-library-service
If you would like us to let you know about the changes as they happen why not sign up for our newsletter.