We’re Back! - Hull Libraries Re-opening
Unfortunately, access to services will be limited as changes are made due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you would like us to let you know about the changes as they happen why not sign up for our newsletter.
We are working as quickly as we can to make changes and ensure our buildings and services are safe for you and our staff.
The first phase will see the following libraries re-open for appointment based services and our FREE ‘Select and Collect’ service only:
- Central Library, Albion Street, Hull, HU1 3TF from 9:30 am on Thursday 9th July 2020.
- Bransholme Library, North Point Shopping Centre, Goodhart Road, Hull HU7 4EF from 1.30 pm Thursday 9th July
- Fred Moore Library, Wold Road, Hull, HU5 5UN from 10 am Thursday 9th July
- Freedom Centre Library, The Freedom Centre, Preston road, Hull, HU9 3QB
- Gipsyville Library, North Road, Hull, HU4 6JA
- Greenwood Avenue Library, Greenwood Avenue, Hull, HU6 9RU from 2pm Wednesday 8 July
- Ings Library, Savoy Road, Hull, HU8 0TY from 2pm Thursday 9th July
- Western Library, The Boulevard, Hull, HU3 3ED from 10am Saturday 11th July
The following services are available by APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Computer Access
- Parking Permits
- Bus Passes and Rail Cards
To make an appointment:
Telephone: 01482 210000 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone on: 01482 300300
To borrow materials - Use our FREE ‘Select and Collect’ service
Telephone: 01482 210000
By post: Central Library, Albion Street, Hull, HU1 3TF
You can ask for:
- A specific title, author, artist or performer,
- Tell us the type of thing you like to read, listen to, or watch and we’ll select materials to suit,
- Librarian’s choice – take potluck and be surprised!
We will need to know:
- Your library card number (the long number under the barcode).
- We might also ask for your:
- Date of birth
- Telephone Number
Collect: Our staff team will let you know by email or telephone your items are ready to collect.
Research and Enquiry Service
If you can’t find the information you need using our online reference databases you can email or call us with your query:
Telephone: 01482 223344
Home Library Service
Home Library Service for housebound and vulnerable residents (free collection and delivery of materials at your door), for more information visit: www.hcandl.co.uk/libraries/your-local-library/home-library-service
Telephone: 01482 331254
And don’t forget, we are always open online!
Protecting you and our staff
- All returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before it is handled or made available again to the public.
- Access to our buildings will be by appointment only initially.
- Every customer will be required to sanitise their hands as they enter the library and before they use equipment. Our staff will wash or sanitise their hands regularly.
- We look forward to welcoming you for your appointment. Unfortunately, you will not be able to access other services when you visit.
- There will be clear signage for you to follow and our staff will be on hand to guide you.
- Computers and equipment will be cleaned with by library staff before you use it.
Test and Trace
Following Government guidance, we will record who is present inside the library at any given time and we may need to share these details with the NHS in case someone is tested positive for COVID-19. All details will be stored safely and destroyed after 21 days.
Whilst the following libraries will remain closed initially we hope to offer services from them very soon:
- Avenues Library, Chanterlands Avenue, Hull, HU5 3TS
- East Park Library, The Pavilion, East Park, Hull, HU8 8JU
- Longhill Library, St Margaret’s Church, Shannon Road, Hull, HU8 9PD
- Waudby Library, The Waudby Centre, Annandale Road, Hull, HU9 5UZ
Study areas and meeting rooms are closed for the time being and printed newspapers and magazines are not currently available for browsing in the library – don’t forget there are lots that you can access via our website or call our Research and Enquiry line on 01482 223344.
Live events and clubs will not resume immediately, however we do have lots of online events and activities and we will be out and about delivering activities for children in open spaces over the summer.