- Full Time Equivalent Salary (based on a 37 hour working week):
- £19945 - £22021
- Dock Office Chambers, Hull HU1 3AR
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Hull Culture & Leisure
- Closing date:
- 13 November 2019
- Short listing Date:
- 15 November 2019
- Interview Date:
- 26 November 2019
- For an informal discussion please contact:
- Jane Avison
- Contact Telephone:
- 01482 616644
Hull Museums, part of Hull Culture & Leisure Ltd, lead the Humber Museums Partnership (HMP), an Arts Council England (ACE) funded National Portfolio Organisation. The HMP is a collaboration of the museum services of Hull, North Lincolnshire and the East Riding of Yorkshire. Our aim is to contribute directly to ACE’s strategic goals for museums through the effective delivery of our business plan.
We require a Financial Support Assistant to act as the coordination point across the partnership, supporting the project board and lead officers in ensuring we deliver on our ambitions and make a difference for people within the Humber region and beyond.
Reporting to Hull’s project lead & based in Hull City centre you will –
- Deliver high quality, efficient and responsive specialist project support in line with agreed practices and procedures
- Collect, process, analyse and present performance data
- Provide effective support to the lead partner and board
- Ensure effective financial management, drawing down grant funding, liaising with Arts Council England and ensuring grant compliance
- Process financial transactions and undertake monitoring;
- Ensure effective financial and grant compliance across the project
- Maintain databases, undertake data entry and manage mailing lists;
- Manage effective communications with partners and other general administrative functions including arranging meetings, contributing to our social media presence and minute taking.
You must be hold RSA or equivalent word processing or typing qualifications or the equivalent along with Maths and English O level or equivalent or have an equivalent level of experience within the sector.
You will need -
- Experience of working in an office/administration environment
- Experience of effectively contributing to a large team, with an ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Experience of using Microsoft office systems effectively
- Good interpersonal and communication and minute taking skills
- Good analytical and numeracy skills
- To be confident in use of Excel within project financial monitoring
- An excellent understanding of financial processes
- Good understanding and knowledge of office clerical and support practice
- To be able to effectively process data to create clear and concise reports for monitoring and decision making purposes
The HMP project is an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional looking to broaden their experience and offers a unique opportunity to work within the wider setting of Hull’s biggest cultural provider.
For an informal discussion regarding the role please contact Jane Avison on 01482 616644
Hull Culture & Leisure is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hull Culture and Leisure Ltd reserve the right to close any recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date.
Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button to complete an application for this post. When you have submitted your application form you will receive an email confirming your form has been received.