- Full Time Equivalent Salary (based on a 37 hour working week):
- £19945 - £22021
- East Park & Waudby Libraries HU8 8JU & HU9 5LD
- Contract Type:
- Hull Culture & Leisure
- Closing date:
- 27 August 2019
- Short listing Date:
- 28 August 2019
- Interview Date:
- 12 September 2019
- For an informal discussion please contact:
- Angie Riley
- Contact Telephone:
- 01482 613439
Hull Culture and Leisure is seeking to recruit a Library & Information Manager who will be responsible for delivering library services at East Park and Waudby libraries. The successful candidate will work in partnership with Leisure Services at these sites.
You will provide management, coaching and support to customer advisors to ensure the effective operation of library sites and ensure the required resources are in place to encourage and support library services and enterprise, business and skills development.
This is a key role working face to face with customers and clients, responding to their requests and enquiries and to stimulate engagement and interest in, library services/tasks and other Company services.
You will need to demonstrate experience of working in a customer focused environment and have an NVQ Level 3 in customer service, information, advice and guidance or related equivalent.
It is essential you have a flexible approach to work; the hours of this post includes evenings and Saturdays.
Skills and experience required include:-
- Experience of working within an operational environment which includes experience of dealing with the public on a face to face basis.
- A proven commitment to a high level of customer service which can be demonstrated through previous work or volunteering experience.
- Experience of working within an emotionally challenging environment.
- The ability to take a lead and work on your own initiative as well as contributing to work as a team.
- The ability and confidence to support senior staff in the delivery and arranging of events and activities e.g. learning sessions, workshops, exhibition events etc.
- The ability to supervise, organise and mentor staff
- The ability to organise workloads
- Experience using and applying IT systems and office software
Hull Culture & Leisure is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hull Culture and Leisure Ltd reserve the right to close any recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date.
Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button to complete an application for this post. When you have submitted your application form you will receive an email confirming your form has been received.
Any offer of employment to the above post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced & Childrens & Adults Barring List Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.