- Full Time Equivalent Salary (based on a 37 hour working week):
- £17364 - £18065
- 2 x 16.25
- Various Heritage Sites, Hull HU1 2AA
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Hull Culture & Leisure
- Closing date:
- 28 August 2019
- Short listing Date:
- 29 August 2019
- Interview Date:
- 09 September 2019
- For an informal discussion please contact:
- Haley Killingbeck
- Contact Telephone:
- 01482 616530
Fixed Term until 28 November 2019.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for museums and culture and want to make every visitor feel special.
Heritage Assistants are responsible for all aspects of visitor care, security and cleaning within the museums.
The successful candidates will be:
• Able to demonstrate a high level of flexibility and the ability to work overtime (days and evenings) according to the needs of the service.
• Experienced in teamwork, customer care and the use of fire and intruder systems.
• Experience in cash handling.
• Skilled in dealing with the public on a face to face basis and over the phone.
• Able to lift and handle a range of objects including heavy and/or fragile objects and artefacts.
• Able to stand and walk for prolonged periods throughout the day.
• Able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of customer care practices and be competent in the completion of paper work and administrative records.
Above all the candidate must have an enthusiasm for serving the public, demonstrate a flexible approach to working and care about museums and culture.
Most importantly we are looking for people who want to get involved and help further develop the museums in the city, making them exciting and rewarding places to visit and work.
Hull Culture & Leisure is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hull Culture and Leisure Ltd reserve the right to close any recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date.
Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button to complete an application for this post. When you have submitted your application form you will receive an email confirming your form has been received.