- Full Time Equivalent Salary (based on a 37 hour working week):
- £18333 - £18887
- 35 High Street, Hull; Arctic Corsair, Hull; Ferens Art Gallery, Hull; Hull & East Riding Museum, Hull; Hull Maritime Museum, Hull; Monument Buildings, Hull; Street Life Museum, Hull; The Ferens Art Gallery, Hull Culture & Leisure, Hull; Wilberforce House, Hull hu1 3ra
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Hull Culture & Leisure
- Closing date:
- 14 August 2022
- Short listing Date:
- 17 August 2022
- Interview Date:
- 26 August 2022
- For an informal discussion please contact:
- Haley Killingbeck
- Contact Telephone:
Heritage Assistant – 4 x posts temporary (12 month contract from start date)
Post No's: 91051804; 91051814; 91051810; 91051798
Grade: 2 (Scp 7-10) £18,333 - £18,887 pro rata
Hours: 4 x 16.25 hours (on annualised hours contract -16.25 hours payable a week over 52 weeks making a total of 845 annual hours).
Location: Various Museums
We are looking for someone who has a passion for museums and culture and want to make every visitor feel special.
Heritage Assistants are responsible for all aspects of visitor care, security and cleaning within the museums.
The successful candidates will be:
- Able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of customer care practices and a passion for making Hull Museums and Ferens Art Gallery accessible to everyone.
- Be competent in the completion of paper work and administrative records.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of flexibility and the ability to work overtime (over 7 days and evenings) according to the needs of the service.
- Experienced in teamwork, customer care and the use of fire and intruder systems.
- Experience in cash handling.
- Skilled in dealing with the public on a face to face basis and over the phone.
- Able to lift and handle a range of objects including heavy and/or fragile objects and artefacts.
- Able to stand and walk for prolonged periods throughout the day.
Above all the candidate must have an enthusiasm for serving the public, demonstrate a flexible approach to working and care about museums and culture.
Most importantly we are looking for people who want to get involved and help further develop the museums in the city, making them exciting and rewarding places to visit and work.
Closing date: 14/8/22
For an informal discussion please contact Haley Killingbeck on 01482 616530
Applicants are encouraged to apply for vacancies electronically. Alternatively please telephone 01482 300300 for application details. The opening hours are Monday-Friday 8.00am until 7.00pm and Saturday 9.00am until 1.00pm. Please quote the reference number, job title and closing date when requesting an application pack.
If you have not received a reply within 4 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Hull Culture & Leisure is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hull Culture and Leisure Ltd reserve the right to close any recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date.
Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button to complete an application for this post. When you have submitted your application form you will receive an email confirming your form has been received.