The Business & IP Centre Hull has resources and information to help you start, grow and protect your business.
Access these FREE resources at home, work, or in the library. You will need a library card to use some of the online resources - click here to join the library.
* Changes during the Coronavirus (Covid 19): Staff are working from home and can access key business resources for you. Email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org *
Conditions of use apply. Check terms and conditions on each website.
Use our guides to help you search the resources or ask Hull Libraries' staff:
Newspaper and magazines
Keep up to date with current trends and news either at home or in the library.
Setting up or growing a business
- Hull City Council have information about business rates, obtaining licences and permits, planning and building control, and trade waste
- The British Library Business & IP Centre has practical tips and guides to help you set up or grow your business.
- We are part of the British Library Business & IP Centre National Network - providing entrepreneurs and SMEs across the UK with free resources, events and workshops on a range of topics including business planning, marketing and intellectual property.
- Hull Youth Enterprise encourages young people to become more enterprising, enabling them to develop their entrepreneurial ideas and skills
- Visit the Hull and East Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership website to find out about all the business funding options available to you.
- The UK Government website provides guides for setting up and running a business in the UK.
- HM Revenue and Customs has guidance when you start and run a business.
- Exporting is Great has export guides and opportunities.
Hull Libraries also have a wide range of business books, magazines, industry guides, journals and directories available.