Knowing how to protect your idea, whether it’s an invention or a brand name, can save you a lot of time and money.
- searching for trademarks, designs or patents
- how to apply and the application process
- who owns the copyright if you commission something from a third party, such as a website or promotional materials
- attending a workshop or a one to one session to find out more about Intellectual Property
Get in touch or book onto one of our online workshops
You can also use our resources to find out more about copyright, trademarks, registered designs, patents and IP Attorneys in the area
What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
A quick introduction to IP from the Intellectual Property Office (IPO)
Intellectual Property Clinics
Want to know more about Intellectual Property? Book a FREE appointment with a CIPA/CITMA registered IP Attorney. Our team at BIPC Hull can help you prepare to make the most of this fantastic opportunity. Get in touch today.
Visit the UK Intellectual Property Office to find out more about protecting your IP and to access tools to help you.
Other resources that could help you
- The British Library website has lots of helpful articles to help you understand and protect your IP.
- European Patent Office has information on applying and searching for patents, legal issues on patents, patent grants and rules.
- World Intellectual Property Organization for protecting IP across borders.
- European Union Intellectual Property Office to search and apply for EU registered trademarks and design searches.
- Search World Intellectual Property Organization registered trademarks.
- Search World Intellectual Property Organization registered designs.
Business & IP Centre Hull
Central Library, Albion Street, Hull, HU1 3TF
Telephone 01482 223 344