Museums Quarter & High Street
Saturday 30 - Sunday 31 July, 11am-3pm
Join us for a weekend of medieval merriment and mayhem as the Museums Quarter and High Street are transformed into a medieval encampment. Come face-to-face with knights in armour, a unit of archers, medieval residents of the street, craftspeople and musicians. Join in with life in the past and find out whether you’d have made a brilliant knight or a first-class archer. Or how about making pottery, learning how to spin or honing your wood-working skills?
The weekend will include…
- A parade by the knights down High Street from 10.30am, Saturday only.
- Combat displays - Watch exciting live combat displays from the knights of the Medieval Combat Society
- Medieval pottery demonstrations - Learn about medieval pottery making and have a go at making your own pottery knight to take home.
- Spinning and woodwork demonstrations - Learn about textile working and carpentry in the medieval period with these fascinating demonstrations and get involved.
- Medicine, fletching, cooking and weapon displays - Learn more about life in the medieval period through a selection of exciting displays.
- Live music from Hautbois - Enjoy live medieval musical performances and learn about the music and instruments of the time.
- Medieval Character performances - Meet characters from medieval Hull in these fun performances on the High Street. You may even bump into a few of these faces again as you explore the exciting activities in the Museums Quarter Gardens
- Have-a-go archery - see if you have the skills of a master archer! Please note that there is a cost of £2 per person for this activity and it is suitable for those aged 5 and above. Tickets can be purchased from the Streetlife Museum front desk and both cash and card payments are accepted.
- Dance demonstrations - Enjoy demonstrations of dancing from the medieval period and have a go yourself!
- Craft activities – Pop-by and have a go at a fun medieval-themed craft activity!
- And lots more!
*Please note, there will be a small fee for the archery have a go activity.
How to find us
The Museums Quarter is on High Street in Hull’s Old Town, next to the River Hull.
Hull bus and train station (Paragon Interchange) is a 15 minute walk away. The nearest bus stop is Drypool Bridge on Alfred Gelder Street.
There is on street blue badge parking on Gandhi Way (formerly George Yard) and Alfred Gelder Street (opposite the White Hart pub).
Short stay pay and display parking is available at Lowgate car park on Wilberforce Drive, or on Tower Street, both just a five minute walk away. Further information about the car park including prices can be found here Lowgate Car Park and Tower Street Car Park
Cycle parking is available outside the Streetlife Museum in the Museums Quarter.