Enter a world where 235 million years of
Walk through an Iron Age village, enter a Roman bath house and look at the stunning mosaics. Discover a mysterious crew of wooden warriors and see our medieval treasures!
How to find us
The Hull and East Riding Museum of archaeology is in the Museums Quarter on High Street in Hull’s Old Town, near the Streetlife Museum and Wilberforce House, next to the River Hull.
- Hull bus and train station (Paragon Interchange) is a 15 minute walk away. The nearest bus stop is Drypool Bridge on Alfred Gelder Street.
- There is on street blue badge parking on Gandhi Way (formerly George Yard) and Alfred Gelder Street (opposite the White Hart pub).
- Short stay pay and display parking is available at Lowgate car park on Wilberforce Drive, just a five minute walk away.
- We do have limited mini bus parking available, please call 01482 616657 or email email@example.com to book and discuss your requirements.
- Cycle parking is available outside the Streetlife Museum in the Museums Quarter.
Roads and Paths
- High Street is a cobbled street with a paving stone pavement. It has dropped kerbs at the Museums Quarter entrances.
While you are here
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- There are two lifts to the first floor near the front and back of the museum next to the stairs.
- There is a set of toilets (including an accessible toilet) at the entrance to the museum.
- There is an additional set of toilets, including a baby change facility in the Roman gallery at the back of the museum.
- The nearest Changing Places toilet is on the ground floor of the Guildhall. Please ask at the reception for directions.
- Some areas of the museum can be quite dark, for example the Prehistory and Celtic World galleries.
- There is a manual wheelchair available to borrow
- Our gift shop offers a range of archaeological, transport and historical related giftware and books for all ages