Experience 200 years of transport history as you walk down a 1940’s high street, board a tram or enjoy the pleasures of our carriage ride.
How to find us
The Streetlife Museum is in the Museums Quarter on High Street in Hull’s Old Town, near Hull and East Riding Museum and Wilberforce House, next to the River Hull.
- Hull bus and train station (Paragon Interchange) is a 15 minute walk away. The nearest bus stop is Drypool Bridge on Alfred Gelder Street.
- There is on street blue badge parking on Gandhi Way (formerly George Yard) and Alfred Gelder Street (opposite the White Hart pub).
- Short stay pay and display parking is available at Lowgate car park on Wilberforce Drive, just a five minute walk away.
- We do have limited mini bus parking available. Please call 01482 616657 or email email@example.com to book and discuss your requirements.
- Cycle parking is available outside the Streetlife Museum in the Museums Quarter.
Roads and Paths
- The entrance to Streetlife Museum is level access.
- The building is wheelchair accessible, although there is a recreated cobbled street and level crossing which are bumpy and may cause some wheelchair users some difficulties.
- High Street is a cobbled street with a paving stone pavement. It has dropped kerbs at the Museums Quarter entrances.
While you are here
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- There are two lifts to the first floor near the front and back of the museum next to the stairs.
- There is a set of toilets (including a combined accessible toilet/baby changing facility) near the entrance to the museum.
- There is an additional set of toilets near the end of the street scene.
- The nearest Changing Places toilet is on the ground floor of the Guildhall. Please ask at the reception for directions.
- Some areas of the museum can be quite dark, for example the cycling gallery and the shops in the Streetscene.
- We have a manual wheelchair available to borrow.
- The nearest cafe is on High Street opposite the Museums Quarter. There are no refreshments available at the museum.