Facilities at Costello Stadium include -
- fitness suite with a variety of cardiovascular and resistance machines and free weights area
- eight lane floodlit athletics track with field athletics areas
- indoor sports hall available for sporting and commercial use
- four floodlit outdoor tennis courts
- a variety of holistic and cardio/core sessions in our fitness studio
- meeting and conference facilities
Track And Field Activities
Track and Field activities are available on a limited basis at Costello Stadium. When attending you must follow the rules below:
- Please queue on the markers, maintaining social distancing.
- The only activities available are track, shot putt, long jump, javelin and use of the cages.
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide equipment. Please ensure you provide your own equipment.
- Access is limited to the outdoor track and field only. Access to the building for changing is prohibited.
- Toilet and handwashing facilities are available outside. Please ensure you follow the correct guidance on hygiene and handwashing.
- Times for sessions are limited to 90 minutes with limited numbers on the track and field to ensure social distancing.
For coaches and athletes. Please ensure you familiarise yourselves with the latest England Athletics guidance which can be found on their webpage below.
Costello Stadium Spike Rules
- 1/4 inch pyramid 'cone shaped' and Christmas tree spike pins are permitted for use.
- Needle spike pins are not permitted.
- The maximum spike length on the track is 6mm and maximum spike length on javelin is 9mm.
Session times are limited to 90 minute blocks with a limited number of people to ensure social distancing. Times are as follows:
- Mondays and Wednesdays 3pm to 4.30pm, 4.45pm to 6.15pm and 6.30pm to 8pm
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 9am to 10.30am, 10.45am to 12.15pm and 12.30pm to 2pm
- Saturdays 9am to 10.30am, 10.45am to 12.15pm and 12.30pm to 2pm
How To Book
Booking Track and Field sessions can all be done online using the button below. If you have a membership this can be reactivated or you can pay per session.
When booking online, select Costello Stadium as a Centre, then select the relevant activity.
Visiting Costello Stadium
In line with Government guidance on the reopening of Sport and Leisure facilities, new procedures are in place for when you visit relating to safety, hygiene and bookings.
Please ensure that you visit the Leisure Facilities COVID Safe Guidance page on our website to provide you with full details on what to expect on your visit to any of our sites including details on the new NHS Test and Trace QR Code posters.
Booking a Gym Session or Fitness Class
Public Notice - the gym will reopen and outdoor fitness classes will resume from Monday 12 April. Indoor fitness classes will resume from no sooner than Monday 17 May.
All Gym Sessions and Fitness Classes must be booked in advance. Unfortunately we are no longer able to offer a walk-in on the day service.
For customers with Live It memberships you will be able to book in advance using the membership number on your Live It membership card as before. For people who wish to be casual users and not take out a monthly membership, we are now offering the option of a pay as you go card which means you can book online with ease.
Please remember that booking times have been reduced from before and are now up to 48 hours in advance for Live It members and up to 24 hours in advance for non-members.
More information on memberships can be found in our Memberships section below.
You can book a Gym Session or a Fitness Class by using the buttons below or by calling Costello Stadium reception. Please be advised that call waiting times will be longer than usual so we do suggest you book online.
Junior Gym Sessions
Juniors can now access the fitness suite at Costello Stadium. New times and procedures are in place for these sessions and can be found by clicking on the link below.
Want access to gyms and classes at Costello Stadium? Perhaps you want to add more including swimming, tennis, ice skating, cycling and golf? Why not look at our Monthly Membership options. Find out more about the benefits of a monthly Live It membership on our Memberships Page
For people who wish to be casual users and not take out a monthly Direct Debit membership, we are now offering the option of a pay as you go card which means you can book online with ease. Complete your details online and use the temporary membership number to book and pay for your activity. Simply collect your card from the leisure centre on your next visit.
Non-members are required to sign up for pay as you go membership as part of the government guidelines. This helps us to maintain a COVID-safe environment and aid the NHS with track and trace. Further information on our Test and Trace and Data Protection statements can be found below
Costello Tennis Courts
Do you want to play tennis? Costello Stadium is home to Hull's newest outdoor tennis courts with four floodlit courts available for use all year round. Further information and the booking portal can be found on the link below.
Other Sports And Activities
Are you interested in joining a sports club or finding out more about the different activities which happen at Costello Stadium? We have a list of clubs and organisations which are based at Costello Stadium on our Leisure Partners Page.
There are 99 car parking spaces available at the facility with four dedicated disabled parking bays. A small bike park is located just outside the entrance.
Access is via ramped at main entrance. Wheelchair accessible lifts are available to first and second floor.
Assistance dogs are welcome and may use the track with owners. A dog drinking station is available on request.
Changing facilities for gym and fitness class users are not available at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions.