Hull's Local zoo - right on your doorstep!
Located within East Park, the Animal Education Centre is host to a wide range of different domestic, farm and exotic animals, throughout the year the Animal Education Centre hosts a range of events to engage and educate people of all ages about animals and wider nature topics. Our aim is to educate more people in Hull about wildlife not only from around the world but also in their own backyard.
Updated Animal Education Centre Visitor Guidance
In line with current government guidelines, you no longer have to book your visit to the Animal Education Centre, you can just walk up and enter through our side gate during open hours.
To help the Animal Education Centre COVID secure and allow you to enjoy a safe visit we still have some COVID secure arrangements in place which can be read below -
- We are still using our outdoor entrance and access to the inside of the building (including toilets) is still closed, except for certain pre booked events. Toilet facilities are available at the boathouse opposite the Animal Education Centre.
- We support NHS Track and Trace and encourage you to ‘check in’ to the Animal Education Centre by scanning the QR code at our entrance gate.
- There is a one way system is in place for your safety and to help maintain social distancing.
- Please respect other visitors and our staff and try to maintain social distancing when in the zoo.
- We ask all visitors to sanitise their hands upon entering the Centre, refrain from touching handrails unless absolutely necessary and follow the guidance on hygiene and social distancing.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you or any member of your household has symptoms of Covid-19 or you are currently self-isolating, please do not visit.
- To maintain safe numbers and allow for social distancing some of our summer events must be pre-booked.
As you take a visit around the Animal Education Centre you can learn more from our information boards about the different range of animals including information on diet, habitat as well as how endangered some species are. The Animal Education Centre is free of charge and is the perfect way to learn more about nature in an urban environment.
Schools Learning Packages
Want to get immersed in nature? We offer hands on explorative learning packages for schools and educational establishments which will inspire and ignite curiosity in the natural world.
With access to high quality collections and resources, we can help bring your curriculum to life. Our education packages are split into Key Stages from Foundation right through to Key Stage 4 so you can be confident that each topic will be pitched at just the right level for your student.
For more information on our Schools Learning Packages or to make a booking, email Parks.Education@hcandl.co.uk
The Animal Education Centre is open to the public Thursdays to Sunday from 10.30am to 3.45pm (last entry 3pm).
School visits will be available throughout the week including Monday to Wednesdays.
The Animal Education Centre is closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day.