Hull's Local zoo - right on your doorstep!
Located within East Park, the Animal Education Centre is host to a wide range of different domestic, farm and exotic animals, throughout the year the Animal Education Centre hosts a range of events to engage and educate people of all ages about animals and wider nature topics. Our aim is to educate more people in Hull about wildlife not only from around the world but also in their own backyard.
We are open!
Great news! Following changes to Government guidance, the Animal Education Centre is now open again for visits.
You will find that we have had to make a few changes which are really important to ensure we keep the Animal Education Centre COVID-19 secure, and keep you, our staff and our animals safe. Please read the following:
New Animal Education Centre Visitor Rules
- Visiting the Animal Education Centre is now limited to 18 people every 15 minutes.
- In order to visit the Animal Education Centre, you must now book in a visit. This can be done via the online booking button below. We are still FREE to visit.
- We allow groups of six from any number of households OR larger groups from up to two households.
- A new one way system is in place while you are walking around for your safety.
- All visitors must hand sanitise upon entering the Centre, refrain from touching handrails unless absolutely necessary and follow the guidance on hygiene and social distancing.
- A new outdoor entrance system is now in place and access to the inside of the building (including toilets) is still closed. Toilet facilities are available at the boathouse opposite the Animal Education Centre.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you or any member of your household has symptoms of Covid-19 or you are currently self-isolating, please do not visit.
How to Book Your Visit
Booking a visit to the Animal Education Centre couldn't be easier. Simply press the Book Your Animal Education Centre Visit button below and select GUEST LOGIN. From there click on GOLF, PARKS, FISHING & AEC and select either Animal Education Centre Child Visit and/or Animal Education Centre Adult Visit.
You can then book in the day and time you want to visit.
Don't forget to keep your email confirmation as proof - you can then show this to the staff upon arrival.
As you take a visit around the Animal Education Centre you can learn more from our information boards about the different range of animals including information on diet, habitat as well as how endangered some species are. The Animal Education Centre is free of charge and is the perfect way to learn more about nature in an urban environment.
Schools Learning Packages
Want to get immersed in nature? We offer hands on explorative learning packages for schools and educational establishments which will inspire and ignite curiosity in the natural world.
With access to high quality collections and resources, we can help bring your curriculum to life. Our education packages are split into Key Stages from Foundation right through to Key Stage 4 so you can be confident that each topic will be pitched at just the right level for your student.
For more information on our Schools Learning Packages or to make a booking, email Parks.Education@hcandl.co.uk
The Animal Education Centre is open Thursday to Sunday from 11am - 3pm (last entry 2.30pm). Book your visit by booking online using the button above.
The Animal Education Centre is closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day