We are now in the process of reopening our playgrounds and outdoor gyms to the public for their use and as we reopen the playgrounds and outdoor gyms we will list them on this page. Notices will appear on our Live It Hull and Love Parks Hull Facebook pages informing residents when playgrounds and outdoor gyms begin to reopen so please ensure you check social media and also this page regularly.
Important information for using the playgrounds and outdoor gyms
Our aim is to ensure that you are able to enjoy using our playgrounds and outdoor gyms in a safe manner, with this in mind our playground areas have new guidance in place to ensure that people can maintain social distancing and use the playgrounds and outdoor gyms safely.
All of our playgrounds and outdoor gyms will have signs advising what the maximum capacity is on play and gym equipment as well as in the playground space itself so that is clear what the limits are to maintain social distancing. Please ensure that you adhere to the rules on maximum capacity for your safety and the safety of other users.
In addition all of our playgrounds and outdoor gyms will have signs to provide guidance for how to use our playground areas in a safe manner (see the example at the bottom of the page).
For your safety and the safety of others, please follow the guidance below:
- Maintain social distancing from others unless you are from the same household.
- Ensure whilst waiting for equipment you must wait at a safe distance or return later on.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser regularly and ideally before and after using equipment.
- Refrain from touching your face or mouth after using equipment.
- During busy periods please consider others and limit play times to 30 minutes or try to avoid busy times.
- No food and drink are allowed in the play areas. Please take your litter home with you.
Playgrounds which are reopened:
We have now reopened ALL of our playground and play areas with the exception of the following:
- Hamilton Grove
- Lambwath Fields
- The Greenway
- Pearson Park (this is due to the ongoing Pearson Park refurbishments)
Outdoor gyms which have reopened:
We have now reopened ALL of our outdoor gyms with the exception of the following:
- Massey Street
- The Waudby Centre
Public toilets which have reopened:
- East Park Boathouse toilets
- Pickering Park toilets (open 9am - 5.30pm)
- Pearson Park toilets (open 9am - 5.30pm)
- West Park (open mornings only)
All other public toilets currently remain closed while maintenance and cleaning is carried out.