Towards an active Hull 2018-28
'Towards an Active Hull' is a Strategy which aims to improve the health and wellbeing of the city by making Hull a place where people chose to be active as part of their everyday lives.
This will be achieved by focusing on four key pillars -
- active recreation - choosing to be active in your own time
- active travel - finding more active ways to get from A to B
- active design - ensuring the environment encourages and facilitates activity
- sport and volunteering - encouraging physical activity by being active in your community
The strategy was developed by -
- Hull City Council
- Hull CCG
- Hull Culture & Leisure
- representatives from Hull's vibrant community sector
To help to encourage Hullensians to be more active we have launched Get Hull Active, this is a public facing brand designed to inform residents on how to get active in their local area and sign post to relevant activities and wider content.
A key part of the Get Hull Active website is to have local people tell us how they plan to get active by making a pledge.
This can be to walk more, take up a sport, volunteer to litter pick or anything else they can do to add more activity to their everyday lives.